THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN OYSTER BAY, NEW YORK
Who We Are:
Nines is a private membership service offering household staffing and management. We recruit and hire top-tier service professionals in categories such as: childcare providers, housekeepers, chefs, drivers, tutors, personal assistants, and more for our members.
We believe that being a socially responsible employer is not only the right thing to do, but it also results in a service experience of unrivaled quality for our members. Nines offers a best-in-class employment experience for our service professionals, complete with hands-on training, competitive salary, healthcare benefits, paid vacation, and developmental resources.
We’re seeking service professionals who are as passionate about the art of hospitality and home care as we are.
About the Household:
The home is a 19,000 square foot property located in Oyster Bay, Long Island where the member household is comprised of a father and his two children, ages 10 and 12. The children will be in residence three days each week and every other weekend. They have plans to add a dog in the near future to the household. The father plans to be in his New York City residence two days a week. Live-In accommodations will be provided in the Oyster Bay home comprised of a private bedroom and bath within the primary residence. A car will also be provided for household errands and personal use within reason.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform general household cleaning duties not limited to dusting, vacuuming, mopping, polishing, and sweeping
- Clean bathroom sinks, tubs, showers, and toilets according to prescribed sanitary standards
- Clean kitchen, appliances, and unload/load dishwasher
- Ensure high traffic areas are clean and sanitized per member’s preference.
- Check the consistency of all rooms and ensuring all items are in the appropriate places and standards are met
- Ensure cleanliness of the home before and after members’ weekly return from NYC residence
- Organize personal items and closets as directed
- Perform and manage laundry needs for all members of the household
- Inspecting linens and towels regularly while refreshing bed linens per members preference.
- Seasonal cleaning of outdoor patio
- Conduct deep cleaning home per member's preference.
- Ensure all cleaning / household products are available, replenished when needed.
- Ability to place online orders for groceries and supplies, receive/sign for items and organize/put away
- Availability to open the gate / grounds to various vendors as needed
- Sign for all packages and deliveries, inspecting for damage upon arrival
- Report any damage immediately to the member
Household Specific Requirements:
- Willingness to run household errands as needed
- Provide childcare assistance such as helping kids get ready for school and supervising children when needed.
- Occasionally perform light cooking and preparation of snacks .
- Perform detailed and consistent walkthrough of home to ensure everything is functioning properly and alerting member when issues arise, or repairs are required
- Provide full-time care for new dog joining the family soon; dog walker/sitter will be available on days off
- Maintain all aspects of the home and handle special projects assigned when member is not in residence
(1-2 months per year)
- Full Time – 40 hours/ week
- Five day work week
- No travel required
- Preference to have every Sunday off so member can be with the children
- Every other Saturday off with a day in lieu on either Monday or Tuesday
$30-$35 USD/ hour
- 3+ years of full-time experience in a private luxury home
- Experience working with children who have allergies
- Comfortable working in a dog friendly environment
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends
- Flexibility required to work holidays
- Ability to work with high quality items (art, antiques, silverware, fine china, glassware)
- Flexible, organized, and able to manage time and exceed expectations
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs