Nimbus is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented enzymologist to join our multidisciplinary team to progress our drug discovery projects. Nimbus is a lab-free company and the candidate will work closely with our CRO partners to execute all experiments and compound testing. The candidate will use their knowledge of enzyme kinetics to develop biochemical assays and determine compound mechanism of inhibition. They will also manage compound testing and participate in project teams to advance drug candidates.
In this role, the candidate will:
- Characterize protein targets, including enzymes and protein complexes, through binding and kinetic experiments
- Design, troubleshoot, and develop robust biochemical assays in a variety of assay formats, to enable high throughput screening and Design-Make-Test-Analyze cycles
- Provide analysis, interpretation, and communication of high-quality data
- Manage all aspects of the biochemical testing of compounds, including logistics of compounds shipments, ensuring data upload into informatics systems, and QC of data.
- Employ mechanistic studies to determine the mode-of-inhibition for promising hits and lead compounds
- Maintain good data records, protocols, and summaries
- Participate and present study results in multidisciplinary project teams
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful:
- BSc/MSc in Biochemistry or related field with a concentration in enzymology and at least 5 years industry experience, or PhD in Biochemistry or related field with a concentration in enzymology and 1-2 years industry experience
- Good understanding of enzymology, binding kinetics, steady-state enzyme kinetics and mechanisms of inhibition, and ability to apply to experiment design and data analysis
- Experience with biochemical assay development and characterization of small molecule inhibitors and protein-ligand binding interactions
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to independently design and analyze experiments, and interpret and effectively communicate data to project teams
- Experience working with CRO partners (preferred)
- Prior laboratory experience in small-molecule high throughput screening (preferred)
- Experience with fluorescence-based assay techniques (binding assays, enzyme assays) (preferred)
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced, and evolving environment
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.