Nimble Giant is looking for an Unreal Programmer with experience in online services for a Multiplayer First Person Shooter Game (PC/Consoles).
Our technical team is looking for a dedicated, passionate and experienced Unreal Sr or Semi-Sr Programmer with experience in online services to join us.
The main objective of this role is to help integrate a proprietary online service, similar to Playfab, in our game. They are responsible for making sure every required aspect of the game is connected properly with this online service and also maintaining these connections with each platform supported by the game.
What is expected of this position is to be proactive, support in making important decisions to guide the team and be an example for the more junior members, sharing knowledge and experience. They are also expected to be able to face complex problems with autonomy and decision-making power.
- Lead the team in the absence of the Tech Lead.
- Work side by side with the tech team to develop, code/configure, and test features and systems according to project requirements.
- Assist more junior team-members when needed providing insight based on experience and know-how.
- Provide solution options, and task estimates regarding effort and risks when required.
- Applies and promotes best practices in development, all the while following the standardized coding conventions.
- Excellent C++ programming skills with the utilization of solid software engineering practices.
- Experience with Playfab, Steam, EOS, PSN, Xbox Live.
- Experience with Unreal Engine's Online Subsystem.
- Experience in multiplayer game flow.
- Experienced with multiplayer games and their services (Matchmaking, Leaderboards, Achievements, Game Sessions).
- Ability to work with Designers, QA, Artists and others in order to benefit the different workflows within each department.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Soft skills.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Large scale experience in game development.
- Has developed multiplayer cross-play games.
WHAT WE OFFER
Excellence is one of our core drivers. Not only in the products we deliver, but also in the way we do things.
In order to be on top of the game, we always encourage our employees to keep updating and deepening their know how.
We aim to always work in a fun and relaxed environment.
Working remotely is an option.
Inclusion and Diversity
We want a diverse talent team and would like to encourage ethnicities, gender, age, and disabilities communities with a strong interest in developing themselves in the videogame industry to join us.
We are Nimble Giant, a game development studio founded in 2002 in Argentina. With offices in Perú, Chile and Uruguay, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading developers of PC and console games studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League.
In 2020 we merged with Embracer Group. With its head office based in Karlstad, Sweden, Embracer Group has a global presence through its ten operative groups: THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Coffee Stain, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive, DECA Games, Gearbox Entertainment, Easybrain, Asmodee, and Dark Horse.We are certified as one of the best companies to work for by Great Place to Work®.
Check our latest news! @nimblegiantentertainment