Nimble Giant Entertainment is looking for a full-time Sr Engineer
Our team is on the hunt for a talented, dedicated, and passionate Senior Engineer to join our team.
The main purpose of this role is the development of core systems and complex features of any given project. They are responsible for ensuring that the work delivered meets the required standards and can be properly integrated within the overall pipeline.
Their work requires they be able to collaborate with team members from other departments such as Artists, Game Designers or QA in order to benefit the production workflow. This interdisciplinary environment also demands that senior developers be able to perform cost/risk estimations to provide both Leads and Producers with detailed information regarding upcoming workloads.
Finally, senior developers are expected to be an example to more junior members of the team sharing their knowledge and experience so they may grow and learn
- Develop and produce game features in collaboration with team members and customers.
- Provide producers, engineering managers and/or leads with detailed information regarding progress and issues when required..
- Assist more junior team-members when needed providing insight based on experience and know-how.
- Provide solution options, and task estimates regarding effort and risks when required.
- Develop, code/configure, and test features and systems according to project requirements
- Produce documentation of the processes as defined by the Tech Lead.
- Applies and promotes best practices in development, all the while following the standardized coding conventions.
- Lead the team in the absence of the Tech Lead.
- Serves as an active member of Nimble Giant helping to improve our engineering teams and foster collaboration amongst all departments
- Total of 5 years professional experience, 3 of which working within the the game industry as a software engineer, with deep practical knowledge in game engine and systems development using C/C++
- Worked on every stage of game development, from preproduction to launch with at least one game title shipped.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with the utilization of solid software engineering practices.
- Experience developing complete subsystems that integrate with the overall project.
- Extensive experience developing and testing in multiple environments (dev, prod and live).
- Experience developing games for PC and other platforms.
- Experience with Programming languages such as C#, C++, as well as Python
- Experience achieving Performance and memory optimizations
- Ability to work with Designers, QA, Artists and others in order to benefit the different workflows within each department.
- Strong time management and focus;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Someone who can work independently and is an autonomous learner
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working on a cross-platform game title
- Experience with 3rd Person FPS games
- Experience shipping on multiple platforms (PC, Consoles, etc.)
- Large scale experience in game development
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine as well as use of Blueprints
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or other related disciplines
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish, both verbally and in writing.
WHAT WE OFFER
Excellence is one of our core drivers. Not only in the products we deliver, but also in the way we do things.
In order to be on top of the game, we always encourage our employees to keep updating and deepening their know how.
We aim to always work in a fun and relaxed environment.
Working remotely is an option.
Inclusion and Diversity
We want a diverse talent team and would like to encourage ethnicities, gender, age, and disabilities communities with a strong interest in developing themselves in the videogame industry to join us.
We are Nimble Giant, a game development studio founded in 2002 in Argentina. With offices in Perú, Chile and Uruguay, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading developers of PC and console games studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League.
In 2020 we merged with Embracer Group. With its head office based in Karlstad, Sweden, Embracer Group has a global presence through its ten operative groups: THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Coffee Stain, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive, DECA Games, Gearbox Entertainment, Easybrain, Asmodee, and Dark Horse.We are certified as one of the best companies to work for by Great Place to Work®.
Check our latest news! @nimblegiantentertainment