Nimble Giant is looking for a full-time Tech Artist.
We are looking for self-driven problem solvers, with the capability of discussing various topics, such as performance, rendering, and gameplay issues with engineers. At the same time, you must give constructive criticism and generate a creative discussion with your co-workers.
As a Tech Artist, you will be acting as a bridge between the technical and artistic aspects of game development, empowering both programming and art to achieve more than either could on their own.
Our Technical Artists work with a variety of areas including, shader development, realtime VFX as well as building art tools to improve workflows.
- Solve technical problems from an artist’s point of view
- Develop and maintain shader code.
- Produce stunning VFX to bring life to our games.
- Assist in the implementation of art assets in the engine.
- Work in collaboration with programmers and artists to improve performance.
- Make improvements to existing pipelines as part of a team.
- Continue to explore new software and techniques, including novel solutions.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Experience developing VFX for Video Games, Animation, or Cinema.
- Knowledge of physics/particle simulation (Rigid/Soft Bodys, Fluids, Destruction, etc).
- Knowledge of shader development (Unreal Engine, Unity, OpenGL/DirectX).
- Capacity to communicate in English.
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, LUA)
WHAT WE OFFER
Excellence is one of our core drivers. Not only in the products we deliver, but also in the way we do things.
In order to be on top of the game, we always encourage our employees to keep updating and deepening their know how.
We aim to always work in a fun and relaxed environment.
Working remotely is an option.
Inclusion and Diversity
We want a diverse talent team and would like to encourage ethnicities, gender, age, and disabilities communities with a strong interest in developing themselves in the videogame industry to join us.
We are Nimble Giant, a game development studio founded in 2002 in Argentina. With offices in Perú, Chile and Uruguay, Nimble Giant Entertainment (Formerly NGD Studios) is one of the leading developers of PC and console games studios in Latin America. Our first major release, Champions of Regnum, was the first commercial MMORPG made in the region. We are the team behind the reimagining of the classic 4X strategy game Master of Orion and the multiplayer time travel shooter Quantum League.
In 2020 we merged with Embracer Group. With its head office based in Karlstad, Sweden, Embracer Group has a global presence through its ten operative groups: THQ Nordic, Koch Media, Coffee Stain, Amplifier Game Invest, Saber Interactive, DECA Games, Gearbox Entertainment, Easybrain, Asmodee, and Dark Horse.We are certified as one of the best companies to work for by Great Place to Work®.
Check our latest news! @nimblegiantentertainment