Nightfall makes safeguarding sensitive data for every application simple and seamless. Organizations, from startups to global brands, trust Nightfall’s software platform and APIs to discover, classify, and protect sensitive data.
As Nightfall’s Assistant Controller, you will build the accounting team from the ground up as the company experiences rapid revenue growth. You will report to our Chief Financial Officer. In this role, you will provide leadership and execution of core financial accounting processes, monthly/quarterly close, reconciling of accounts, as well as preparing accounting reports and facts in accordance with guidelines. This individual will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping processes and controls. Candidates are expected to have a high aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting financial analysis; have demonstrated problem solving skills; and the ability to thrive in fast paced environments and work independently.
- Build a world class accounting organization
- Drive the financial close and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision-making.
- Prepare the financial reports, compile financial documents, and ensure general compliance
- Research applicable accounting standards to ensure internal and external compliance in recording and reporting transactions.
- Lead the company’s first ever audit
- Monitor the Company’s compliance with federal, state, and local regulators including business registrations, taxes, licenses and reports
- Provide leadership related to the identification, selection, implementation and documentation of appropriate accounting policies, procedures and systems
- Provide support in day-to-day accounting operations
- Provide strategic partnership to leaders across the business by evaluating new initiatives, delivering meaningful financial insights, and driving cost structure optimization.
- Structure, recruit, and lead a team of accountants and specialists
- Execute on ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA required (does not need to be active)
- 8-10 years of progressive accounting and finance experience with a minimum of 3+ years in a direct supervisory position.
- Minimum 3 years public accounting experience
- Ability to deliver excellent work on time
- Desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- "Big 4" public accounting experience
- Experience in SaaS company
- Prior experience building and executing a SaaS-based business model and deep understanding of relevant KPIs (e.g. ARR, LTV, CAC, etc.)
- Masters Degree in Accounting
- Prior Netsuite experience
- Familiarity with Trust Accounting
Nightfall is a cybersecurity startup dedicated to helping organizations secure and manage their sensitive data. As a leading enterprise technology company, our product affects the personal data that people entrust businesses to store & process with care every day. Critical data in modern organizations is often sprayed across a broad set of cloud data silos, and it’s a herculean task for security & compliance teams to monitor, manage, and protect this highly sensitive data. Via machine learning, our product makes it easy for organizations to discover, classify, and protect this sensitive data across their cloud footprint - such as their corporate SaaS, data infrastructure, and even their own apps. In doing so, we prevent data leakage, provide unprecedented data visibility & protection across the cloud, and enable compliance. We’re a technology startup founded in San Francisco, well-funded by leading institutional investors like Bain and Venrock, and a cadre of security & IT leaders from Okta, Salesforce, Atlassian, Splunk, FireEye, and more. Learn more on our website www.nightfall.ai or by reaching out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.