Nightfall makes safeguarding sensitive data for every application simple and seamless. Organizations, from startups to global brands, trust Nightfall’s software platform and APIs to discover, classify, and protect sensitive data.
We are looking for an exceptional engineering leader to join our growing team at Nightfall. As a technical leader in the Engineering organization, you will drive execution, provide technical leadership, people development, recruiting top-level talent as well as hands-on development work.
This is a hybrid role based out of our San Francisco office.
- Drive great execution, work with the team to set clear goals, and deliver against them
- Help to recruit, inspire, and develop a high performing and creative engineering team
- Be both a hands-on coder and an effective people leader
- Implement best practices in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Champion engineering excellence and culture, establish metrics for regular improvement
- Minimum 4+ years of hands-on technical development experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience mentoring and leading engineering teams
- Experience running the day-to-day sprint process for an engineering team
- Experience programming in Go, C++, Java or related language
- Experience designing and building systems in a microservices-based architecture
- A foundational understanding of multi-threaded programming, concurrency primitives, and data structures
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience working in high growth venture-backed startups
- Blog, teach, mentor, or help others learn outside of your day to day responsibilities
- Familiarity with AWS and managed infrastructure
- Familiarity with Docker/Kubernetes
Nightfall is a cybersecurity startup dedicated to helping organizations secure and manage their sensitive data. As a leading enterprise technology company, our product affects the personal data that people entrust businesses to store & process with care every day. Critical data in modern organizations is often sprayed across a broad set of cloud data silos, and it’s a herculean task for security & compliance teams to monitor, manage, and protect this highly sensitive data. Via machine learning, our product makes it easy for organizations to discover, classify, and protect this sensitive data across their cloud footprint - such as their corporate SaaS, data infrastructure, and even their own apps. In doing so, we prevent data leakage, provide unprecedented data visibility & protection across the cloud, and enable compliance. We’re a technology startup founded in San Francisco, well-funded by leading institutional investors like Bain and Venrock, and a cadre of security & IT leaders from Okta, Salesforce, Atlassian, Splunk, FireEye, and more. Learn more on our website www.nightfall.ai or by reaching out via email at email@example.com.