Nightfall makes safeguarding sensitive data for every application simple and seamless. Organizations, from startups to global brands, trust Nightfall’s software platform and APIs to discover, classify, and protect sensitive data.
This is a hybrid role based out of our San Francisco office.
- Directly manage engineers of all levels; provide feedback and guide promotions and leveling processes
- Scope and plan key deliverables by working with engineering managers and IC’s to ensure project planning of key initiatives.
- Coordinate within the organization alongside PM, marketing, and sales to ensure delivery of key initiatives. Influence product strategy alongside the PM team.
- Help to recruit, inspire, and develop a high performing and creative engineering team
- Be both a hands-on coder and an effective people leader
- Implement best practices in a fast-paced engineering environment
- Champion engineering excellence and culture, establish metrics for regular improvement
- Minimum 6+ years of hands-on technical development experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience mentoring and leading engineering teams
- Experience managing teams that build and operate high volume distributed systems in a SaaS environment
- Experience running the day-to-day sprint process for an engineering team
- Experience programming in Go or related language
- Experience designing and building systems in a microservices-based architecture
- A foundational understanding of multi-threaded programming, concurrency primitives, and data structures
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Built ML infrastructure offerings for ML Researchers, Data Scientists, and other ML practitioners
- Background in delivering ML-based innovations and validated products.
- Experience working in high growth venture-backed startups
Nightfall is a cybersecurity startup dedicated to helping organizations secure and manage their sensitive data. As a leading enterprise technology company, our product affects the personal data that people entrust businesses to store & process with care every day. Critical data in modern organizations is often sprayed across a broad set of cloud data silos, and it’s a herculean task for security & compliance teams to monitor, manage, and protect this highly sensitive data. Via machine learning, our product makes it easy for organizations to discover, classify, and protect this sensitive data across their cloud footprint - such as their corporate SaaS, data infrastructure, and even their own apps. In doing so, we prevent data leakage, provide unprecedented data visibility & protection across the cloud, and enable compliance. We’re a technology startup founded in San Francisco, well-funded by leading institutional investors like Bain and Venrock, and a cadre of security & IT leaders from Okta, Salesforce, Atlassian, Splunk, FireEye, and more. Learn more on our website www.nightfall.ai or by reaching out via email at email@example.com.