Nielen Schuman is a leading independent corporate finance advisory boutique in the Benelux. Established in 2002, our firm has extensive experience in providing corporate finance advisory and execution services to a broad range of medium to large sized business owners, corporations, institutions, management teams and investors. Our suite of services encompasses mergers & acquisitions, strategic advisory, capital raising, capital restructuring, and related advisory services. We are the market leading debt advisory firm in the Benelux, having been awarded with the Debt Advisor of the year award for 12 consecutive years.
At Nielen Schuman, we offer truly independent advice, with only the interests of our clients at heart. Whether advising on the sale of a company, a capital raising, or capital restructuring alternatives, our advice is tailored to the complexity of the matter, meets the highest quality standards and comprises the latest market insights. Our unique approach has produced strong and lasting client relationships based on trust and cooperation and a deep understanding of our clients’ needs, whereby we offer innovative solutions and execution excellence in complex situations.
The team at Nielen Schuman consists of high performers with a down to earth and entrepreneurial mindset. We value creative thinking and intellectual diversity and the boldness to challenge existing beliefs. We offer a broad exposure to corporate finance services and industries in a high paced international deal flow environment, working alongside talented and driven professionals with diverse backgrounds. We foster a collegial environment based on mutual respect and empowerment and nurture individual professional and personal growth at all career stages. Through our internal coaching program, recurring internal and external trainings and a personal development budget, we encourage career development based on personal development needs.
Associate Debt Advisory
Nielen Schuman is seeking to add an Associate Debt Advisory to our growing team in Amsterdam. An Associate Debt Advisory at Nielen Schuman is ambitious, has a naturally inquisitive and entrepreneurial mindset and is intrinsically motivated by being part of and contributing to building a leading Benelux corporate finance advisory franchise.
At Nielen Schuman, you can make a difference. We offer you the opportunity to immediately integrate into the team and gain valuable experience in the various aspects of debt advisory. We work in effective and highly collaborative deal teams with limited hierarchy in which you will join as a full member and have close interaction with our senior dealmakers and clients’ executives from day 1. You will be involved in all phases of deal sourcing and transaction execution; from deal origination, capital structuring, due diligence coordination and negotiation to closing. As such you will have a guiding role on performing financial analyses, company and market analyses, reviewing term sheets and contribute to the drafting of client presentations, developing financing memoranda and other process related documents. You will be provided with the support to master the deal sourcing and execution process and be rewarded with substantial responsibility and a steep learning curve.
- Supporting our clients in arranging acquisition funding, refinancings, recapitalisations transactions and restructuring processes
- Conducting business and market analyses, including complex financial models and reports, capital structuring options, reviewing due diligence reports and lender feedback analysis
- Preparing for and participating in client presentations and pitches
- Day-to-day project participation and interacting with counterparts at clients, potential lenders and other professional advisors
- Coordinating and supporting the due diligence process and information requests
- Guiding and revising the work of analysts
- Mentoring analysts and working collaboratively with other mediors to further develop the pool of talented junior team members
- Building and maintaining an external network and relationships with prospective clients, lenders, market participants and professional advisors
- Driving and implementing initiatives aimed at building a leading Benelux corporate finance advisory franchise
What will make you successful in this role
- A Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience in financial advisory, corporate finance or investment banking, preferably in leveraged finance, structured finance, or debt advisory
- Native Dutch and strong command of written and verbal English
- Excellent analytical, project management and interpersonal skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset, collaborative mentality and drive to succeed
- Experience with financing structures, LMA documentation, accounting principles and Excel modelling
What we offer our future colleagues
- A non-hierarchical environment based on openness and mutual respect
- A high level of responsibility within a framework of personal development and support
- An entrepreneurial environment with a shared ambition to further grow the firm
- The opportunity to work alongside the best professionals in a high international deal flow environment
- Ability to work on a wide variety of assignments across various disciplines of our advisory service, thereby developing yourself as an all-round corporate finance professional
- A highly competitive salary and bonus eligibility