Due to our continued growth we are looking for an Associate Debt Advisory. Join our team of ambitious and entrepreneurial professionals and work on a variety of complex, high-end deals in a friendly and social environment with a strong focus on getting the best results for our clients.
Nielen Schuman is the premier independent corporate finance advisory boutique in the Benelux. We are actively involved in 40 deals per year in the Dutch and Belgian mid-market, working on deals ranging between EUR 50m – 750m. Our expertise is in Buy & Sell side M&A and Debt Advisory for both private equity and strategic parties. We are the market leading Debt Advisory franchise in the Benelux.
What you’ll be doing
As an Associate Debt Advisory at Nielen Schuman you will work on a variety of deals in small deal teams with a down-to-earth mentality. Our deal teams operate with limited hierarchy, which will give you the opportunity to have direct access to clients and to make impact on the process. As an Associate at Nielen Schuman, you will be the architect when it comes to analysing companies, their financials and plans. In addition to this, your tasks will include:
- Assisting in preparation of financial models and financing memorandums
- Assessing and evaluating different capital structuring options and discussing these with our clients
- Preparing term sheets and grids, and analysing lender proposals
- Coordinating an efficient process
- Supporting colleagues and actively help analysts develop
You will get the chance to work on complex transactions including leveraged buy-outs, refinancings, dividend recaps and restructurings. Our client base consists of (inter)national private equity sponsors as well as leading corporates and growth companies in the Benelux.
What will make you successful in this role?
We like to see that you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are client-driven. You have a great eye for detail, work well under pressure and you are a strong team player.
Furthermore we ask that you have:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 3-5 years of experience in financial advisory or banking preferably in leveraged / acquisition finance, structured finance and/or debt advisory
- Strong command of written and verbal Dutch and English
- Strong analytical, technical project management and social skills