Due to our continued growth we are looking for an Associate Director M&A. Join our team of ambitious and entrepreneurial professionals and work on a variety of complex and challenging deals in a friendly, social and high performing environment with a focus on delivering the best results for our clients.
Nielen Schuman is the premier independent corporate finance advisory boutique in the Benelux. With our team of >40 across offices in Amsterdam and Antwerp we are actively involved in c.50 transactions annually in the Dutch and Belgian mid-market, working on deals ranging between EUR 50m – 1 bn. We provide corporate finance and strategic advisory services to medium/large sized (family-owned & listed) corporates and investors. Our suite of services encompass M&A and Strategic Advisory, Capital Raising and Capital Restructuring.
What you’ll be doing
As an Associate Director M&A at Nielen Schuman you will work on a variety of transactions in small deal teams with a down-to-earth mentality. Our deal teams operate with limited hierarchy, giving you the opportunity to truly make an impact and to enhance your growth as a professional.
As an Associate Director at Nielen Schuman, you will play a pivotal role in winning and successfully executing mandates. You will be one of the primary point of contact for our clients during the transaction process. On a day-to-day basis your tasks will include:
- Responsibility for project management and time management
- Advising clients on a financial-strategic level
- Responsibility for financial models and documents/presentations
- Supporting colleagues and actively help Analysts and Associates develop
- Proactively contributing to the firm through business development
What will make you successful in this role?
We like to see that you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are ambitious and client-driven. You have a strong attention to detail, you take ownership and you are a true team player.
Furthermore we ask that you have:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate finance advisory / M&A, with a solid transaction track record
- Strong command of written and verbal Dutch and English
- Excellent analytical, technical project management and social skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills and problem solving abilities
- A well-developed business sense and commercially smart