If you have passion to build and scale L&D Programs from the ground up this role is for you! You will lead the L&D strategy and will execute programming across all of Niantic globally. We are looking for someone that is creative, agile and can see around corners to develop high quality learning solutions in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Partner with the VP, Talent Management to identify learning needs, build upon existing content and drive a comprehensive learning strategy based on persona and career stage and using a broad range of tactics including in house classroom training, external programs, elearning, books/videos, and on the job training to meet Niantic's business needs.
- Develop and deliver training programs to meet team and company needs and align to our development philosophy.
- Review and evaluate existing or proposed programs, and recommend appropriate changes.
- Develop and drive enterprise-wide people manager and leadership programs and initiatives
- Participate as an active thought partner and team member within the broader People Team and partner effectively with business unit managers and the leaders throughout Niantic.
- Develop assessments and collect feedback for trainees to measure progress and evaluate efficiency of training.
- Serve as a Learning Consultant to employees and departments interested in developing learning materials, activities and training. Assist in developing the training skills of others to launch Train-the-Trainer initiatives.
- Work with external vendors as needed to identify training solutions that are effective and scalable.
- Support and provide thought partnership to talent programs such as our annual review process, employee engagement survey and create on demand tools for every day learning.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design/Adult Education or HR Management or equivalent experience.
- 5+ (or equivalent) years of experience defining, developing, delivering, driving/deploying and documenting learning and development programs.
- Training Program Facilitation, Organization Development, and Organizational Design experience.
- Proficient in learning development tools.
- Instructional Design and Program Development experience.
- Understand the legal environment and help guarantee adherence with all applicable employment laws.
- Persuasive and clear verbal and written communicator, leading change through training and influence across all levels and functions of colleagues.
- Demonstrable experience in navigating diverse priorities in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Flexible and creative, at ease with ambiguity, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in a related field (I/O Psychology/Organizational Behavior).
- You have worked as an HR Business Partner or in other HR functions.
- You have experience training global teams.
- You have proven success in both a startup environment (preferably in tech) as well as in larger established companies
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $171,000 - $200,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID