Niantic’s Finance team seeks a Manager of Technical Accounting and Reporting to help build the accounting infrastructure vital for continued growth of the business. Niantic’s Finance team ensures that the company succeeds in a competitive global market by working cross-functionally to keep the business running efficiently.
- Research and document technical accounting treatment for non-standard transactions.
- Digest complex agreements across licensing, game development, leases, M&A and propose accounting treatment accordingly.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Legal, Business Development, Real Estate and others) to build best in class reporting process with a public company cadence.
- Automate reporting processes for monthly accounting close.
- Coordinate a collaborative and efficient external audit.
- Assist in operational execution of technical areas such as M&A integration, lease accounting, etc.
- Monitor impact of changes in reporting requirements and assist with the preparation of annual financial statement disclosures.
- Craft new accounting policy documents and provide expertise in recommending enhancements to existing policies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Monday and Wednesday.
- You have 6+ years of experience, with at least 3+ years of public accounting experience.
- You have a CPA and an advanced understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- You are a strong communicator and have experience working cross functionally.
- You have good problem solving and analytical skills.
- You are organized and execution focused, with an ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have familiarity with an ERP system such as Netsuite.
- You have experience with a stock administration system such as Shareworks.
- You have SEC reporting experience.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $135,000 - $157,500 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID