Niantic’s Technical Art Team is seeking a daring Technical artist. In this role you’ll create 3D assets and features to support them and assist other 3D artists. Also work with engineers and game designers on mobile platforms to create innovative new games and new features.
- Work with engineering and game designer teams to help build features and solve creative problems.
- Assist in the creation of rapid prototypes of experimental features using Unity 3D and other mobile platform tools.
- Iterate with Unity 3D scene implementations to finalize product and other creative requirements.
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Has at least 5 years of game development career as a technical artist.
- Expert level knowledge of the Unity game engine.
- Expert in scripting in C# in the Unity environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Knowledge of real-time 3D graphics pipeline optimization for mobile platforms.
- Experience Shader development.
- Experience developing generic modular rigging tools for characters on top of Maya using Python.
- Experience in embedding character behavior controls on top of Unity.
- Experience working as a modeling or VFX or animation artist.
- Experience leading a team of technical artists.
- Experience managing assets using Perforce.
- Experience developing games using Github or Gitlab.
- Experience building asset libraries and task workflow environments using ShotGrid.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID