Niantic's Quality Engineering team is seeking an experienced forward-thinking Staff Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Manager to lead and grow our test automation efforts. The right candidate will have multiple years of SDET team management with deep experience in building out automaton solutions and frameworks. As the Staff SDET Manager, you will partner closely with other QE and SWE Managers to help build out automation solutions across Niantic. You will also be responsible for leading and growing the careers of several SDETs.
- Actively own automation architecture and strategy across the QE team.
- Actively own performance of your team through regular meetings, and technical mentorship.
- Run and develop a team of SDETs, while directly mentoring and growing their careers.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Management on company wide automation initiatives and QE process improvements.
- Lead scrums for automation sprint achievements.
- Own and deliver automation testing roadmap in collaboration with QE Managers, and Development teams.
- Make hands-on contributions to the planning and execution of test automation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or another technical major, or equivalent experience.
- You have 5+ years experience leading SDETs and 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- You have a deep understanding of automation methodology and tooling.
- You have hands-on experience developing automation solutions for mobile, browser, API or server in cloud based environments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Understanding of Unity game development.
- Experience building engineering teams from the ground up.
- Experience and knowledge on test infrastructure, CI/CD, GitLab, Device Farms, cloud platforms and Kubernetes.
- AR Game testing experience.
- Passion for mobile devices and mobile gaming.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $191,000 - $234,150 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID