Come aboard and help craft how real world games are positioned and presented to the world. As the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Niantic Tokyo Studio, you will help build and drive product marketing strategies for Niantic's upcoming real world Augmented Reality mobile game. Part creative, part analytical, this role will require your strategic and tactical skills to help launch and run campaigns, increase retention, and build user happiness in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll work closely together with a team of hardworking and passionate marketers to conceptualize and implement impactful campaigns, lead the regional marketing strategy for global franchises, and work with executives and key business partners. And, most significantly, you’ll have tons of fun.
This position is responsible for planning and driving marketing activities to launch an unannounced title in regions around the world.
- You are going to build a Go-to-Market plan and supervise all relevant marketing channels (Social Media, Direct Marketing, events, Paid UA etc.) to launch and sustain run a global live mobile game.
- Find opportunities for growing business (# players, revenue) and take appropriate actions with a data-driven focus on results.
- Define and champion new feature launches and/or marketing campaigns in close coordination with internal cross-functional partners including Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Business Development/Partnerships, Operations/Customer Support, Marketing Communications, Community Management and Comms/Comms/Public Relations teams, external partners (including local governments), and also external marketing / PR agencies.
- Track and work towards goals including: consumer awareness, user acquisition, DAU, MAU and user retention.
- You will track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where relevant.
- You will build, guide and track the global marketing budget for this title.
- You will conduct return on investment analyses on marketing campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Needs to have a passion for crafting and producing impactful experiences (including real-world events as well as digital promotions) for fans, and strong commitment and initiatives to achieve the business goal.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years experience in marketing of IT industry, and/or partner development.
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Social media marketing; familiarity with community management & engagement strategies a plus.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to lead complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership, management, and social skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission.
- Native in Japanese, and business level communication in English.
- Able to travel, including domestically within Japan and internationally.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Avid player of Niantic games.
- Business experience in an international environment.
- Experience as a Product Marketing Manager.
- Experience managing relationships with external partners.
- Game industry experience.
- Languages in APAC region other than Japanese.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID