Niantic’s Lightship Team seeks a Senior Technical Writer to produce and maintain stellar developer guides and API references for a variety of audiences. You will write new documents for Niantic's Lightship ARDK, ensure existing documents remain current and accurate, and constantly seek to clarify, unify, and improve Lightship’s SDKs. If you're meticulous and love to bring clarity, this role may be for you!
Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
Niantic’s Augmented Reality Development Kit gives mobile developers the ability to add real-world Augmented Reality features to their apps, including advanced meshing, multiplayer AR, masking, and visual positioning.
- Produce clear, comprehensive, and useful SDK documentation, including but not limited to: API reference, developer guides, samples, and release notes.
- Review and edit software documentation for accuracy and consistency in tone.
- Work with engineering teams to ensure a high editorial standard for quality and accuracy of platform documentation throughout the company.
- Work with support, partner engineering, and learning teams to integrate customer feedback and make the SDK seamless with external tutorials and videos.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- 5+ years professional experience in writing developer-facing software documentation.
- BS in an engineering-, writing-, or communications-related field.
- Experience reading and modifying source code.
- Outstanding command of written English, in terms of communication and grammar.
- Strong project management, communication, and cross-group collaboration capabilities.
- Ability to understand new APIs, learn how they work, and document them in concise, easy-to-follow language.
- Demonstrated experience working with style guides.
- Experience with Unity and C#.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- You have experience developing AR or mobile applications.
- You have experience with video production or editing.
- You can read and write Japanese.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $142,000 - $174,300 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration is good for Niantic’s culture, and critical to our future success as a company. We support flexibility and know new ways of working are here to stay.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID