The Niantic Operations team seeks a Player support lead to contribute the execution of various aspects of the player support operations.
As a Player Support lead, you’ll work directly with product management and engineering teams to ensure a tight product feedback loop and to coordinate smooth, high-quality feature launches. Player Support builds the connection between product and user-facing teams in order to deliver more value to our users effectively.
As part of the team, you'll collaborate with individuals across different functions and within various geographies to provide excellent operational support for Niantic’s location-based products including but not limited to participating in global operational policies and workflow updates, crafting documentation and support contents, and executing day-to-day operations.
- Work with product, engineering, design, and other departments to ensure successful launch of new product features. This may include reviewing product designs for support implications, addressing player support requests, and writing support content.
- Collaborate with the vendor teams to deliver the scalable and player friendly support environments. Constantly look for improvement opportunities and drive the executable actions.
- Analyze the voice of players, prepare summaries and share with cross-functional partners.
- Align with the global and APAC player Support team to evaluate and improve the existing processes with serviceability in mind.
- Japanese language and cultural fluency.
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of experience in customer support or operational programs of a global product in the digital industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Proven experience leading complex projects and working with multiple stakeholders under pressure.
- Consistent ownership mentality.
- Passion for Niantic’s mission and products.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.