Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build products that inspire movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our Workplace team is at the forefront of that mission with a goal to create a phenomenal work environment for our global teams as we bring our employees back to the office in a hybrid and flexible environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to join our Los Angeles Office. You will help in creating a first-rate employee experience that enables Niantics to deliver their best work. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- Assist with general office management of our Los Angeles office including assisting with the snack and catering program, managing office supply inventory, maintaining the office seating chart, and assisting with new hire set-ups.
- Ensure common areas of the office are appropriately maintained by regularly checking on conference rooms for cleanliness and ensuring restrooms are appropriately stocked. Ensure physical office space is functioning efficiently and is tidy and clean.
- Plan and execute REWS sponsored events as well as keep events calendar up-to-date. Handle space booking for events and assist with set-up and clean-up. (i.e. All Hands on Deck, Board Game Night, and Monthly Social Event). Promote positive company culture by way of celebrating Niantic events.
- Balance multiple requests, competing agendas, and random things that come up last minute, prioritize what needs your attention first, all while communicating with your team and your stakeholders.
- Review, validate, and approve vendor payments, resolve discrepancies, and update and maintain related systems and databases, ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Manage contractor and vendor performance ensuring services are delivered in accordance with contracts and to agreed standards. Document and escalate instances of poor performance.
- Run budgets for office events and any special project assigned.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively lead office and facility processes.
- Collaborate closely with internal partners to ensure all teams are set up for success.
- Run ad hoc errands for the office.
- Assist with Special Projects (i.e. developing new policies, travel program, etc.).
- 3+ years of meaningful work experience in office or facility management.
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn and lean in.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Gmail, Google Drive and Slack.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.