Niantic’s Security Team seeks a security operations engineer to improve and maintain Niantic’s corporate security stance for our globally distributed sites and workforce. You will be part of a globally distributed team, and help to secure our corporate and production environments, review and audit our services, and advise our product teams on methods to keep our users safe. We seek creative engineers with excellent technical judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to embrace new technologies.
- Define, document, implement and maintain mechanisms and controls for the corporate network security environment, including routing, firewalls, remote access, corporate server infrastructure, etc.
- Harden and reduce the attack surface of employee endpoints.
- Improve compliance measures, and document current compliance stance.
- Work on user and endpoint authentication and authorization services.
- Consult with and audit the environments of acquisitions and trusted partners.
- Consult with a wide variety of internal teams on the use of third party services, and general support.
- Help implement and support a range of core security systems.
- Help with security education of our employees.
- Consult on matters of physical security policy and practice, especially as it relates to the management of these systems.
- You have 2+ years of experience in a global company with cloud-centric infrastructure.
- You have in-depth experience in remotely and locally administering multiples of MacOS, Windows, Linux.
- You can demonstrate scripting / programming skills.
- You show a deep understanding of one or more major compliance frameworks.
- You have demonstrated strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.