We are on an ambitious mission to turn the world into an Augmented Reality canvas which games and other applications can paint on top of. This future is fully realized on AR Head Mounted Displays (HMDs).
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead the definition and drive the execution of the Niantic AR HMD. You will lead a team of product managers and work alongside the hardware and software engineering teams to launch this exciting new product.
In this role you will collaborate with internal and external partners to define key system requirements and work cross-functionality to determine how to best realize them via hardware and software solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to collaborate with executives, external business partners, UX/ID designers and engineering teams to holistically understand and then communicate system solutions.
- Define project plans, establish landmarks, and lead the development and implementation against goals.
- Champion the customer through clear product specifications and ensure the platform is well documented.
- Build and manage a team of product managers, foster collaboration, encourage career growth, invest in skills development.
- Drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal and business development teams to build cross-functional consensus.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization.
- Stay current with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, devices and wearables, distributed systems, networking, graphics, and game engines.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of product management or production experience.
- Experience with recruiting and leading a product management organization.
- Familiarity with running complex projects with many partners from research to engineering to executives.
- Experience building consumer products leveraging innovative hardware and software.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- You have shipped embedded devices based on Android and Linux such as phones, tablets or set top boxes.
- You are familiar with XR/AR/VR products and applications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.