Niantic's Business Development team seeks a Manager on the Corporate Development team to execute strategic acquisitions. The ideal person for this role will be driven to deeply understand how to take advantage of Niantic’s opportunity, diligent about their work and comfortable debating ideas. You will be responsible for helping to establish inorganic growth priorities, determining areas to buy, build or partner, identifying potential acquisition opportunities, supporting M&A deals and driving integration with key partners. This role will start remotely, but will be in-person based out of the San Francisco office once Niantic offices re-open.
- Understand our strategy and identify acquisitions to address our current and future opportunities.
- Research and articulate the competitive landscape and identify strategic opportunities and threats.
- Understand strategy, financials, key decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus for strategic target companies.
- Collaborate closely with internal cross-functional leaders to assess, diligence and integrate acquisitions.
- Structure, negotiate and close M&A transactions.
- Support M&A integration activities.
- Identify and track relevant and impactful metrics of success and periodically report to the executive leadership team on status.
- University degree and 4-6 years of relevant business development, corporate development, management consulting, or investment banking experience, preferably in the technology sector. MBA preferred.
- An understanding of technology and software.
- Familiarity with M&A processes and in-depth experience operating within and working with cross-functional teams.
- Expertise with financial modeling for M&A.
- Ability to motivate, collaborate and work successfully in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities - you don't ruffle.
- Passionate about Niantic and the problems we are solving.
- You have experience in Investment Banking or Management Consulting.
- You have an MBA.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.