Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Niantic’s engineering team is seeking a Partner Engineering Manager that enables developers to craft and publish a new slate of incredible experiences on our real-world geospatial platform. You will manage the Partner Engineers to work with our game teams to democratize development of planet-scale AR experiences. You are passionate about growing teams and thinking of ways to scale. You are excited to create strategies to enable developers to succeed.
- Be an entrepreneurial leader to support our strategic developers to create innovative AR experiences using our platform.
- Set the goals, strategy, and priorities for the partner engineering team to be able to scale.
- Be the ears and voice of the developers to the organization.
- Collaborate with engineering teams, product, and marketing and manage the team’s execution of the inter-team strategies to ensure that goals are met.
- Mentor and encourage the professional development of direct reports through personal and performance management.
- Build strong relationships with your team and stakeholders to ensure delivery of value to our developer community.
- 2+ years of experience as a manager for a team consisting of partner engineers, sales engineers, developer evangelists, or software engineers.
- Experience interfacing with the developer community.
- Work through ambiguity to set clear expectations for the team.
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and work through technical challenges with your team.
- You have worked in the gaming industry previously as an engineer.
- You have experience in AR or geospatial technologies.
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an integration engineer, partner engineer, developer relations engineer, or similar roles, and demonstrating highly-skilled technical communication skills.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.