Niantic’s Platform Teams are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to design and build frameworks, libraries, and tools to help automate game and API testing. You will work closely with Technical PMs, QA Engineers, QA Manager, and Developers to deliver best-in-class technology solutions for our platform test automation.
This opening represents multiple SDET roles at Senior Level and above, with various areas of ownership.
- Design, create, and extend automated tests and frameworks for the Niantic Platform.
- Build frameworks and tools that enable fast creation of web, device and API automated tests.
- Collaborate with other SDETs, engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and automated systems meet internal standards.
- Participate in the review of QA and Engineering procedures and provide recommendations for improvements to eliminate redundancies in testing and improve efficiency.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum of five years of meaningful work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with C#.
- Strong experience in building efficient and scalable API/Libraries/Services.
- Working experience with Unity is preferred.
- Strong experience in building Test Automation frameworks using Appium and other open source test automation tools.
- Experience designing and building test automation tools/systems from scratch.
- Detail-oriented and can always identify critical areas that need focus.
- Ability to think about long-term impact and identify risks.
- Experience working with highly-scalable systems.
- 2+ years of Game industry experience.
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD pipeline and Gradle.
- Experience with Java, C++, scripting bash and Python.
- Proven understanding of QA methodology and tools, demonstrated within an SDET role.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.