Are you ready to help create a game that brings positive impact to the world through the power of mobile and location technologies? Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an Associate Producer to help product development on a new and exciting AR location based game that will merge the virtual with the real world and encourage players to explore the world, together.
You will work with our team of engineers, artists, & designers to deliver planet-scale AR experiences and work to extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices. This is a phenomenal role for someone who has good production experience in mobile development and a strong real passion for crafting the future of the world’s leading AR platform.
- Drive the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across a multi-discipline team.
- Track the schedule of pipelines, manage assets, identify weaknesses, bottlenecks, and risks in the schedule, and assist with troubleshooting communication and schedule dependency problems.
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available people.
- Identify and communicate all roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals.
- Communicate frequently with producers and team leadership regarding project status, key issues, risks, opportunities, and team health.
- Work as a horizontal leader of cross-functional teams to facilitate collaboration and communication between all teams to ensure they have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Minimum two years of industry experience in a game production or project management role.
- Familiarity with Agile techniques such as SCRUM, and traditional production management.
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and familiarity with project tracking software.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You have experience in AR or location products.
- You have experience working on live services focused games.
- You have a passion for games, AR, Mixed-Reality, and new technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.