Niantic Legal partners with teams across the company to develop solutions for the legal, compliance and public policy challenges (and opportunities) the company encounters as it continues to develop innovative augmented reality experiences. We are looking to hire a Senior Director, Litigation to lead Niantic's global litigation function, and to manage a variety of advice and counsel, pre-litigation and litigation, and regulatory-related responsibilities. Reporting to Niantic's General Counsel, you’ll collaborate with clients and colleagues across our international offices, providing a full range of litigation expertise and leadership for our rapidly-growing company.
- Collaborate with fellow Niantic Legal team members and internal partners to develop litigation and regulatory strategies in support of the company’s business objectives.
- Select and manage outside counsel.
- Think creatively about pre-dispute resolution, and when that doesn’t work out, proactively manage all aspects of litigation to drive cost-effective and strategic resolution of litigation disputes.
- Advise on strategy and matter management related to offensive and defensive IP litigation matters.
- Direct internal investigations.
- Advise on dispute resolution and other contractual terms on a wide range of complex commercial contracts.
- Develop internal processes and scalable solutions for litigation challenges.
- Counsel and train internal teams on complex legal issues.
- 10+ years’ experience. Strong preference for candidates with prior in-house experience and experience advising technology clients as outside counsel on novel legal issues.
- Experience with and demonstrated interest in laws affecting mobile games, location-based services and augmented reality, including global privacy and data security, intellectual property, and content regulation.
- Good business judgment, and a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively about proposed resolutions to legal problems.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and desire to operate in a rapidly-evolving industry and workplace with diverse, cross-functional teams.
- Experience building and managing teams.
- JD with strong academic credentials.
- Member in good standing of the California Bar, or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.