Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Niantic’s engineering team is seeking a Release Manager to continually improve and execute the SDK release process so that the developers can craft and publish a new slate of incredible experiences on our real-world geospatial platform. You will work directly with various engineering teams to bring together the platform to enable the development of planet-scale AR experiences.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead deployments of major product releases, patches, and changes.
- Collaborate with the engineering managers to manage the delivery of releases while ensuring any issues are triaged and resolved accordingly.
- Own communication and visibility into contents, health, and quality of our releases.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability.
- 4+ years of experience building and managing projects involving technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-impact projects spanning multiple development teams.
- Exceptional technical communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of operating effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a detailed understanding of dependency management.
- Implemented in a cross-functional role and experience collaborating with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through, and ability to prioritize quickly.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.