Come onboard and help shape how real world games are positioned and presented to the world. As a Senior Director, Product Marketing, you will lead global product marketing strategies and execution for upcoming Niantic titles. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll manage a team of hardworking and skilled marketers to conceptualize and execute impactful campaigns, lead all aspects of the marketing strategy for global franchises, and collaborate with executives and key business partners. And, most meaningfully, you’ll have tons of fun.
- Help drive global marketing metrics and the corresponding impact they have on our broader business goals.
- Lead the global marketing team, and work closely with regional marketing teams in APAC and EMEA to build and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications.
- Define and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with fellow marketing colleagues (ie, Community Management, Performance Marketing, etc) and cross-functional partners such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Communications, Legal and PR.
- Nurture relationships with key business partner executives and drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives.
- Be responsible to build, guide and manage the global marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; help author and develop partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 14+ years of relevant marketing experience in areas, including:
- Product positioning strategies that factor in market and competitive dynamics.
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting.
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, media planning & buying, campaign tracking and optimization.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics.
- Social media marketing; familiarity with community management & engagement strategies a plus.
- Guiding a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proven capacity for developing, understanding and communicating out strategy.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to coordinate sophisticated projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Deep understanding and passion for Niantic’s mission, as well as it's strategic and competitive market position.
- Proficient in English language
- You have an MBA.
- You have a familiarity with Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
- You are proficient in G-Suite.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.