The Operations organization at Niantic serves a critical role in defining, executing, and scaling outstanding programs and processes in service of our customers' needs.
We are in search of a program manager to establish a centralized translation service across Niantic- bringing together internal Niantic teams such as product, marketing, and operations to drive the changes necessary to create a seamless localization operation.
As Niantic’s Localization Program Manager, you will play a key role in establishing and leading the localization process internally and with external vendors to support high quality translation across all Niantic products. This role requires a high level of organization, excellent communication skills, and a process-oriented mindset.
- Propose, get organizational sign-off and then drive localization process (including timelines, requirements, tools, etc); act as service provider to internal teams and serve as the Niantic POC to external vendors.
- Establish and ensure high quality localization standards, including delivering quality feedback to vendors.
- Develop evaluation process for vendors and tools and conduct implementation.
- Consult on glossary creation, Unity/UI process, and client/server integration.
- Maintain internal database of translation terms across multiple products.
- Ensure engineering support for localization, including assisting in pseudo-localization and client QA testing.
- Experience with DQF-MQM or other LQA methodologies.
- Anticipate, monitor, and solve all translation issues and bugs through close collaboration with internal teams.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in program management.
- Proven track record of executing large scale projects from start to finish independently.
- Time management and organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to lead global projects with XFN teams with all levels across geographies.
- Experience administering translation management systems like Crowdin or Smartlings.
- Proficiency in International Components for Unicode (ICU) message syntax.
- Experience working with engineers to craft string import/export integrations.
- Knowledge of translation industry trends and technologies.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.