Pokémon GO is looking for a Director of Production. The Director of Production drives all aspects of production, ensuring that the studio meets production commitments on time and on budget.
The Director of Production is also responsible for leading the production and release management staff, ensuring a sustainable production pipeline and workload, career development, and providing a positive and inclusive work environment.
Pokémon GO is a 1st party development studio within Niantic. This role will define and lead the production approach for the studio with respect to the Niantic Lightship platform. Specifically, they are accountable for how the studio uses and intersects with supporting, shared service technology teams including AR, Geo, Identity, Security, etc.
- Lead the quality and efficiency of development for Pokémon GO.
- Define and execute production processes across the studio.
- Lead teams of highly capable talent across several functions (Production, QA, Ops, Release Management).
- Represent the Pokémon GO team to vendors and development partners, as well as to internal partners.
- Operate directly with Studio GM and executives.
- Leads the Production teams across Pokémon GO.
- Understands all services the Niantic platform provides and facilitates adoption of new technologies when appropriate.
- Defines strategy and roadmaps that align with being a premier development studio.
- Provides production guidance and support to internal and external teams.
- Has awareness of all projects in flight and identifies and solves for project resource challenges.
- Ensures the successful career development of all members of their teams.
- Supports other leaders to define new and updated production processes.
- Participates in both short term and long term planning for the franchise.
- Experience leading large-scale production teams.
- Experience recruiting and leading technical teams, including performance management.
- Understanding of the mobile gaming free-to-play space, geo location based apps, and/or AR applications.
- Extensive experience with a broad range of technologies used to develop and test applications running on mobile platforms.
- Experience with defining, leading, and owning large scale games from inception, through completion, and live operation.
- Being an organized problem solver and understanding how to prioritize among many differing activities and goals.
- Led multi-discipline teams within the mobile games space or other related production experience.
- Able to collaborate with external partners and vendors efficiently and effectively.
- Develop, adapt, and execute long-term production strategy to achieve key business objectives.
- Works as part of the PGO leadership team with cross functional partners in Business, Art & Design, Engineering and Marketing to set and manage clear performance metrics for the game.
- Establish clear resource roadmap driven by flexibility, scalability, and fiscal responsibility.
- Drives a culture of experimentation and improvement when it comes to tools, technology, and process.
- Outstanding leader, mentor, and colleague
- Ability to interact with technical and non-technical team members across a variety of fields.
- Adapts to changing priorities with ease.
- Balanced approach to mission, player, and business needs.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.