Niantic is seeking an IT Procurement Specialist to support the asset acquisition and management needs of our augmented reality mobile game company. In this role, you will assist the IT Department on the purchasing of hardware and software, managing contracts and relationships with vendors, and coordinating license and asset inventory. You will work closely with teams across Niantic including Legal, Finance, HR Operations, Product and Engineering to discover and acquire the best tools for our initiatives. Are you detail oriented and passionate for all sorts of new and exciting technology? If so we want you on our team!
- Supervise all IT department purchasing by drafting quotes for purchase order approvals and tracking invoices for timely payment.
- Work with our Legal team to manage the review and approval of Master Service Agreements, Terms of Service, NDAs, and End User License Agreements with our vendors.
- Provide Niantic partners with feedback on purchase requests, including possible cost savings or competing products that could better serve the company's needs.
- Maintain vendor relationships and coordinate all communications between the vendors and the appropriate Niantic partners.
- Coordinate inventory management of all digital and physical assets.
- Assist in regular audits of licenses and physical inventory.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability of procurement and contract management within the Tech industry.
- Experience within purchasing large orders of computers, software licenses, and SaaS subscriptions.
- Familiarity with industry standard software used in Mobile or Video Game development, such as Unity, Xcode, Slack, Adobe and Autodesk suites.
- Proficiency with Google Apps, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Understanding of Apple and PC hardware trends withing the business and gaming community.
- Has good interpersonal skills, and can lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Has confidence and the ability to work senior leaders, internal clients, external vendors and partners, and colleagues in a professional and positive manner.
- Is willing to work on a variety of Information Technology matters and help where it’s needed.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.