Niantic’s Augmented Reality (AR) Mapping team seeks a Robotics Software Engineer to help build and scale our AR cloud platform. We’re a highly collaborative and engaging team, working to help algorithms evolve from concept to production at scale, and this is your chance to join us in our journey to map the world. We are all passionate about innovation, so we’re looking for engineers who want to learn and ship products that “inspire people to explore the world together”.
Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Design, develop and maintain spatial models of sensor data such as GPS/GNSS.
- Create models for the fusion of multi-modal 3D sensor measurements and develop corresponding inference algorithms.
- Collaborate cross functionally with product, operations and other engineering teams to deploy scalable solutions and improve Niantic’s AR capabilities for the delight of our users.
- Write high performance code and debug complex problems that span systems, prioritizing tasks effectively and efficiently to meet agreed timelines.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient in software development - able to capture requirements, design, implement and test a solution without assistance.
- Experience writing production code in C++ or Python.
- Solid understanding of data fusion, probability theory, statistics and similar concepts.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience developing algorithms for data fusion, spatial modelling, map creation or similar endeavours.
- Experience working with 3D computer vision, machine learning, sensor fusion or visual odometry.
- Experience of mapping or positioning systems, large-scale data analysis, 3D data visualisation or AR technology.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.