Niantic’s Augmented Reality Engineering Team is seeking a Test CI Infrastructure Developer (SDET) to construct systems that scale at the heart of our high-performance AR platforms. You will work to build workflow pipelines, consistent and reliable release processes as well as tooling that empowers engineers to deliver planet-scale AR experiences across Niantic. You will also work to extend Niantic’s recently announced Lightship Platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
Test, CI & Infrastructure Developer (SDET)
- Execute and maintain the test cases for a set of products. This includes identifying which tests work and reorganizing test execution order and parameters to discover edge cases.
- Integrate and maintain code coverage report generation.
- Coordinate and deploy binary and library releases in conjunction with product updates and fixes.
- Define and architect test frameworks, unlocking new AR experiences.
- Collaborate within the team and cross-functionally to ensure test cases are maintained.
- Investigate test failures and either patch or advise core developers.
Test, CI & Infrastructure Manager
- Identifying and serving team needs, being as much as a leader as a shepherd. This includes both carefully defining and empathetically executing plans to help fulfill those needs.
- Lead a team in a multi-functional environment.
- Mentor team members and nurture their career development through measurable goals.
- Employ emotional intelligence to defuse tensions and improve cross-team relations.
- Recruit and hire outstanding talent for the team.
- Ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Hold a BS in Computer Science or other technical majors.
- Proven experience supporting development teams by extending and bettering existing testing methodology, infrastructure, and technology.
- Must know some C/C++ and be proficient in at least one other programming language (Python, C#, Perl, Groovy, etc.).
- Proficiency with a shell environment (bash, zsh, etc.) and Unix/Linux commands.
- A fast-learner with a desire to improve the developer experience of their fellow engineers.
- Demonstrated ability leading teams of 4+ engineers (Test, CI & Infrastructure Manager).
- Experience integrating CI and other tools with code repositories.
- Familiarity setting up continuous integration pipelines and building systems (e.g. Travis, GitLab-CI, circle-ci, Jenkins, etc.).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.