Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build products that inspire movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction.
Niantic is seeking a Full Stack Engineer to craft web-based applications that connect millions of people around real-world activities. We seek engineers with strong technical background, great execution, and self-starter mentality. The ideal candidate loves to jump into the unknown, clarify ambiguities, quickly learn from failures, and break down vague ideas into concrete tasks.
- Build well-designed, reusable UI components that can be shared across Niantic’s web applications.
- Collaborate between web, design, and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered feature or service.
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience, 5+ years for senior level candidates.
- Familiar with server-side technologies, such as Java, Golang or Python.
- Experience building sophisticated single page web applications, particularly mobile-friendly ones.
- Experience building websites that are cross-device and browser compatible.
- Experience building web applications involving manipulation of geospatial, customer management, or analytics data.
- Familiarity with GraphQL and Relay.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers or leading projects.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID