Niantic’s mission is to use emerging technology to enrich our experiences as human beings in the physical world. We build products that inspire movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission. Be a champion of our culture by partnering with our most Sr. leaders to help them make decisions aligned with our culture. By using data, HR best practices, and a deft approach, you’ll dive in assertively to sticky situations, resolving issues and providing solutions that will help Niantic scale. Use your insights on human psychology and org design to get the root of complicated issues and guide others to solve them.
- Be a trusted thought partner to deeply understand the business and solve complex issues through a people lens. Using an approach driven by data, develop a short and long term plan for the organization to ensure we continue to scale and achieve ambitious goals.
- Provide expertise in key people domains including org design, scaling organizations, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, total rewards, learning and development, recruiting etc., with ease.
- Be a confidant and leadership coach across functional teams.
- Contribute to the design and lead the rollout of key people programs (e.g., engagement action planning, performance management, compensation planning, development etc.) while also influencing the continuous improvement of these programs.
- Be a leader and help us build out the broader People function as we continue to grow and scale.
- Be a collaborative manager/partner that has a strong pulse of the office, a trusted partner to Niantics and leaders, and an influencer for our broader People team.
- BA/BS degree and 8+ years of HR Business Partner, HR Manager or equivalent experience.
- With particular experience in: organization design, coaching, diversity and inclusion, recruiting, performance management, employee relations, compensation and total rewards, talent management and/or conflict resolution.
- You’re self-motivated, curious, highly collaborative, cool under pressure, can add levity to decompress tense situations, persistent in getting to the root of problems (and executing on solutions that solve them), and use great judgment - even in complex situations.
- You have a MA/MS (ideally in HR, IO Psych, or related field) or MBA degree.
- You have experience partnering with Engineering, Product Management or Games Studio.
- You have experience in a high-growth environment, with an emphasis on building and scaling.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2010, we became an independent company in 2014 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.