Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world together. We build AR products that encourage movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission!
The Director of People Operations will play a strong leadership role supporting business needs and be a key contributor to the broader People strategy as a member of the People leadership team. Evolving and scaling our people related strategies, processes, and practices and driving detailed execution is critical to our future success. Like many of our leaders, we are looking for a player/coach – somebody who is interested in providing hands-on value and expertise, as well as managing their team. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this role will be based in San Francisco. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Build the overall people operations and technology team strategy and operating model.
- Lead a team responsible for HR Technology, data and analytics, global operations.
- Efficiently scale our people processes in a way that uses self-service, automation, tools, and technology.
- Manage and improve the collection and use of people related data to help guide organizational decisions and priorities.
- Partner with the rest of the people team to ensure operational support on all people related initiatives.
- Find opportunities to implement both tactical and innovative solutions to increase efficiency and enhance the employee experience.
- Influence how people programs are designed, rolled out and experienced by Niantics.
- Guide a best in class employee experience from first impressions as a candidate to every touch point an employee has with the people function.
- Own core programs such as immigration/mobility, onboarding & offboarding operations, HRIS, compliance and operations/processes.
- As a member of the People leadership team, have an ownership mentality when it comes to the overall vision, mission and goals of the entire function.
- Manage execution of competing priorities; balancing short-term tactical implementation with longer-term strategic goals.
- 10+ years of global HR leadership experience.
- Deep knowledge of HR practices and procedures and broad knowledge of the various functional areas within a People organization.
- Change agent - someone who initiates and implements continuous improvements while bringing others along on the journey.
- Skilled at building cross-functional partnerships and influencing stakeholders across the organization.
- Can move fluidly between tactical execution and strategic thinking.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Comfort with ambiguity, autonomy, and figuring out what needs to be done and then doing it.
- Prior management experience and passion for developing others.
Join the Niantic eam!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.