Everyday, millions of people around the world log into Niantic titles and engage in fun outdoor explorations together. Creating an environment where Niantic Explorers feel a high degree of fairness in their experience is essential to the success of our titles. The Anticheat platform team is responsible for defining how we can detect and defend against cheaters and hackers and upholding our community standards, so that everyone can play fairly.
Our team consists of engineers, data scientists, designers, legal and customer success team members, and you will work with game and platform teams across the company to ensure we have the right policies, feedback loops, product features and tools. Join us to be the product lead for this cross-functional team!
This role is based out of our San Francisco, Sunnyvale or Bellevue, WA offices.
- Drive product vision, strategy, technical requirements and end results for Anticheat across Niantic titles.
- Keep up with cutting-edge cheat detection innovations, technologies, and techniques that can potentially be applied to the Niantic community.
- Define and drive technical product scope and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet business needs.
- Maintain product backlog, drive product roadmap and own prioritization process for privacy based on customer impact and business value.
- Define the success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross functional leaders in customer success teams, while keeping the metrics up to date and relevant.
- Evaluate new product opportunities (both buy and build solutions) and bring forward proposals and influence to expand product and business capabilities with data and intelligent automation at the forefront.
- Present overall product roadmap status to leadership on an ongoing basis.
- 4+ years experience in Product, Technical Program or Project Management, or similar role leading a cross-functional technical team.
- Passion for the anticheat domain, ideally demonstrated by past experience in similar roles.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field is preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with technical, operations and business partners at all levels.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical members of the team.
- Experience developing roadmaps and strategies for improving operations, platform efficiencies - all without sacrificing quality.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities, and a high tolerance for ambiguity.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.