Are you ready to lead a team helping gaming and AR developers build innovative new experiences with the Niantic Platform? We are looking for an intellectually curious, customer-centric Developer Support Manager. You'll help grow and foster a technical support team, responsible for directly monitoring, reporting, and driving improvements in support metrics and SLAs. Additionally, you will work collaboratively across game teams, helping to ensure new product offerings for the Niantic Platform are well communicated and supported.
A successful candidate will be someone with proven technical skills who is customer-focused. We’re looking for a candidate who can lead our support team to help our diverse range of developers resolve their technical issues, while also advocating for developers to our product teams. Your work will be cross-functional in nature and will involve working with Product Management, Engineering, Operations, and Marketing on a weekly basis.
- Own KPIs & SLAs for Developer Support for the Niantic Platform.
- Build out and directly manage a team of highly motivated in-house & contract Technical Account Managers and support specialists.
- Set up effective processes and reporting for case management, feature requests, & bug tracking for the Niantic Platform.
- Partner with managed service providers to scale resources as needed in order to meet SLAs.
- Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction with the Support team.
- Advocate for customers by providing product and technical input to improve Platform offerings.
- Produce reporting that demonstrates support team effectiveness to other departments and senior leadership.
- Develop and support career paths within the Support team.
- Represent the voice of Niantic developers, to help seed and build a developer community.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a support manager role for a highly technical product.
- Knowledge of Unity and Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Experience working with customers of gaming or cloud platforms is a plus.
- Experience with customers who have varying levels of technical skill from software developers to project managers & operations team members.
- Experience with developer forums and CRM software solutions, including those offered by major 3P vendors.
- Ability to balance and go between strategic projects and initiatives, and tactical day to day management of a team (including actively coaching on case handling, monitoring of queues & schedules).
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities and tolerance for ambiguity.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.