Niantic London seeks a Senior Game Designer to help deliver the creative vision for our project through engaging and fun design. You will work with a team of artists, storytellers and engineers to help build exciting gameplay that delights our players and motivates them to go out and explore the world.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Design Lead to design and optimise key features that further the overall strategic vision of the product.
- Deliver clear game design documentation, generating user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Interpret player feedback and deliver actionable insights to the team.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with cross-functional teams to support implementation and roadmap planning.
- Create, run, and maintain live events and new game content.
- Test and tune gameplay balance throughout the product life cycle.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a detailed understanding of free-to-play games.
- Demonstrable feature development from inception to delivery.
- Strong understanding of game balance and pacing in a free-to-play economic model.
- 5+ years designing free-to-play games.
- 1+ years optimising live games.
- You have experience mentoring junior designers.
- You have experience in AR or multimodal game design.
- You have experience in systems design.
- You have experience with a full development cycle experience from pre-production to launch and beyond.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.