We believe Pokémon GO is a game for everyone. Pokémon GO’s growth Product Manager will play a meaningful role in realizing that vision. The ideal candidate will be excited to build fun experiences for Trainers, push the boundaries of location based games and augmented reality, and bring Pokémon GO to Trainers across the world. They'll be our authority on the state of mobile gaming in emerging markets; they’ll craft our growth strategy for those markets; and they’ll drive that strategy’s execution. Sound like you?
- Think big. You’ll look beyond today’s constraints and think about big, product-defining opportunities in untapped markets.
- Understand our Trainers. You’ll care deeply for Trainers in those markets and constantly learn about their experiences with the game. Your team, and the Pokémon GO team broadly, will trust you as the voice for those Trainers.
- Communicate. You’ll influence and persuade your team to follow you towards those product-defining opportunities. You’ll convince product and company leadership to trust you.
- Simplify. You’ll distill complex problems down to their essentials, but you won’t oversimplify them.
- Prioritize. You’ll determine the possible impact of your team’s work and weigh it against the effort required to make the work happen, without shying away from big, awesome opportunities.
- Call your shots. You’ll understand the right amount of data needed to forecast impact, ensure your work is measured, and ship work which delivers on your forecasts.
- Execute. You’ll do whatever it takes to ship.
- Understand technical trade-offs. You’ll accurately estimate the technical complexity of possible work, so you can accurately prioritize the work.
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager.
- You’ve been a Product Manager for a mobile game or consumer product.
- You have experience working with diverse teams.
- You play Pokémon GO.
- You’ve driven double-digit percentage growth as a Product Manager.
- You’ve led internationalization and localization efforts.
- You’re fluent in another language (double bonus points for Portuguese or Spanish).
- You’ve lived outside of the United States or Canada for an extended period of time.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.