Niantic’s Engineering team seeks a technical program manager (TPM) to set up efficient processes, and run the execution of high-quality new features and maintenance of live products. TPMs are in charge of handling scheduling and planning technical projects for Niantic products, including games. They build and maintain the development schedule, which outlines feature tasks, milestone dates, status, and allocation of resources for producers and stakeholders. You will be an integral part of the team as you track technical issues and implement solutions in a timely manner and own the release process. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while crafting engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Run daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, and supervise project execution.
- Manage development of existing software to fix errors or to improve its performance.
- Review user and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Coordinate with engineers and external partners to collect information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces, and technical integrations.
- Direct software system testing and validation procedures and documentation.
- Serve as the main day-to-day technical point of contact with development partners on schedules, planning, and project status.
- Update launch calendar and anticipated feature launch dates to ensure transparency to senior management.
- Facilitate communication on technical task status between cross functional teams.
- 5-7+ years of proven experience.
- Experience with bug tracking systems.
- Experience building roadmaps, project/release plans with a solid understanding of dependency management.
- Experience communicating cross-functionally with producers, design, engineers, development partners, marketing, legal, and executive teams.
- Have experience/interest in handling client release and server deployments.
- Have the ability to identify and act on opportunities for process improvement.
- Have a bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.