Are you ready to help define a whole new way of exploring and interacting with the world through the power of Augmented Reality? We’re looking for a candidate passionate about AR and excited to help game teams and other developers bring impactful AR experiences to market, driving innovation by putting creativity and user experience at the forefront. You will steer development of groundbreaking technology and creative products, drive cross-functional teams to delight our users, and make the world a bit better by helping users go out and explore the world!
- Drive cross-functional partners to ideate, define and bring to market novel AR experiences with velocity.
- Identify needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Capture product requirements, user flows, and documentation for projects in development.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform fast iteration and ultimately the success of the product.
- Work as a horizontal leader to drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal and business development teams to build cross-functional consensus.
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization, including the executive team.
- Stay current with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, 3D mapping, and game engines.
- 5+ years product management experience with 2+ years experience in AR, VR or computer vision.
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about user experience; able to inspire and educate designers and engineers with thought-provoking objectives and customer-centric use cases.
- Entrepreneurial spirit — taking initiative and self-starter, as part of a team.
- Proven track record of using quantitative problem-solving skills to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Strong collaboration skills and relationship management to effectively work across many leading-edge technology areas and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to achieve results-oriented goals in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and constantly evolving environment, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- Familiar with the gaming industry.
- Experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.