Come onboard and help shape how real world games are positioned and presented to the world. As a PMM, you will help build and drive product marketing strategies for Niantic’s real world Augmented Reality mobile game, Ingress. Part creative, part analytical, this role will make you flex your strategic and tactical muscle to help launch and run campaigns, increase retention and deliver user happiness in our quest to get the world exploring more with our games. Niantic’s games are distinct from typical casual mobile games, and so is our marketing strategy. During your time here, you’ll experience meticulous learning and development, mentoring from senior leaders in the company, and opportunities to gain exposure to different products. And, most meaningfully, you’ll have tons of fun. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Define and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with cross-functional partners such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Marketing Communications and PR.
- Drive key product marketing tactics such as competitive analysis, attending Ingress community meetups, project management, coordinating information flow amongst global teams, and audience research.
- Build and evolve product positioning and key messaging for use in external communications.
- Work with the Product Management team to conduct research that offers insights into the attributes and needs of both existing and potential users. Help identify product gaps where Niantic could better satisfy end users and partners. Author business requirements based on these user insights that help inform and influence the long-term product roadmap.
- Execute the Live Ops strategy & programs with vital team members.
- Track and interpret product and marketing analytics; suggest improvements or revised marketing strategies, where meaningful.
- Build, guide and track the global marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all marketing programs and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Assist business development teams in creative pitches to partners; conceptualize and execute on partner marketing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Business Administration, or a related field.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant marketing experience in areas including:
- Product positioning including drafting messaging, building product assets (e.g. Key Art, Video Trailers, Social Assets, etc.)
- Project Management
- Direct marketing, marketing program management, or marketing consulting
- Paid media campaign strategy and management including creative development, Copywriting, agency selection, media buying, campaign tracking and optimization
- Online data measurement and analysis of products, customers, and market dynamics
- Social media marketing; familiarity with Community management & engagement strategies a plus
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Experience working on a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple partners and multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership, initiative and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with experience in developing and delivering executive presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic and competitive position in the market.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.