Niantic’s Communications team seeks a Senior Manager to lead global communications for our games. You'll lead communications strategy and execution for our gaming portfolio, including Pokémon GO, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, Ingress and our future slate of unannounced titles. You'll have a strong bench of cross functional teams who you partner with to lead messaging and PR strategy for games that are loved and played by millions of people around the world.
The Niantic Communications team advances the company's narrative and brand and represents our products and long-term vision to internal and external audiences globally. This role reports to the VP of global communications and is a senior member of the communications team. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead and execute a global media relations strategy for Niantic's current portfolio of games that helps us meet company objectives.
- Partner with product, marketing and engineering to develop global GTM strategies for future Niantic games and gaming partnerships.
- Write compelling narratives that articulate Niantic's long-term vision for AR gaming.
- Build lasting relationships with press, gaming partners, developers, and influencers.
- Work with community and event marketing to develop campaigns and creative ways for Niantic to connect with its global community of players online and at live events.
- Act as company spokesperson and represent Niantic to press and players.
- Develop Niantic's strategy for how to show up at gaming industry events like GDC, E3 and Gamescom.
- You have 7+ years of experience and have worked at gaming and technology companies.
- You're an expert collaborator and believe that working cross functionally will achieve the best results. You have an appreciation for community-based marketing and communications and have worked at companies that model this behavior.
- You're able to operate as a strategic leader while also rolling up your sleeves to get work done. You consider writing to be one of your top skills. Experience managing PR agencies.
- You move quickly and are comfortable taking risks and owning the outcome.
- You're a strong people leader and have built successful communications team.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.