Seeking a Business Development Manager to work alongside Niantic’s business leaders responsible for Licensing deals, Corporate Development, Sales and Community Engagement partnerships. This role requires an entrepreneurial candidate who learns fast, hustles to execute, collaborates well with various functional teams and can build strong rapport with clients and partners. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, takes initiative and loves our mission of fostering outdoor exploration. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Identify, analyze and propose potential strategic partners for Niantic.
- Source and negotiate deal with partners that can enhance Niantic’s platform (including but not limited to point of interest datasets and technology solutions).
- Engage in and support our deal negotiations with competitive analysis and modeling.
- Collaborate closely with our Product Managers, Engineers and Legal team to ensure contracts meet internal needs.
- Identify scaled solutions for internal processes that help to drive productivity.
- Help manage and execute on community engagement initiatives, including those related to outdoor community events and educational projects.
- JD, MBA or equivalent degree. Will also consider BA/BS with 5-6 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communicator and negotiator who would represent Niantic in external party discussions.
- Analytical mind that can structure terms to achieve win-win partnership outcomes.
- An ability to initiate and interpret legal documents while working with attorneys.
- A deep understanding of Niantic's products and technology industry.
- Track record of successfully managing cross border (Asia - US) teams that understand how to bridge “cultural divide” and foster trust.
- You have written and speaking proficiency in English another Asian language such as Mandarin, Japanese, or Korean (please specify in resume).
- Flexibility to travel around the APAC region.
- You have lived and worked in other countries in the APAC region (please specify specific countries in your resume).
- You have some experience in Management Consulting or Investment Banking.
- You have experience with a mapping company.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.