We’re looking for a Director, Strategic Partner to join the team at Niantic! This role acts as the point of contact between external IP holding partners and internal teams, handling a wide range of product / marketing priorities to be executed with alignment and engagement.
As the Director, Strategic Partner, you will own all components of the partner relationship to increase engagement, ensure retention and deliver satisfaction including maintaining the partners’ happiness level, growing the relationship through campaign/product feature execution and driving renewals. We are looking for an enthusiastic teammate with a track record of very strong negotiation skills with ability to balance various competing priorities and motivation and possess a mastery of relationship management, both internally and partner-facing. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Achieve Niantic objectives among Product, Marketing, Communication, Brand Partnership Teams and manage, work with the Legal team on building agreements driving IP holder’s high satisfaction with ultimate goal of renewing the deal with the IP holder.
- Consolidate, prioritize Niantic’s cross functional agenda to build a strong pitching strategy and execute.
- Negotiate with strong persistence to cut through red tape and turn conversation into action on behalf of the company.
- Manage the growth and monetization of the product strategy.
- Passion for Niantic mission.
- Strong cross functional leadership.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Native level Japanese, business level English a must.
- 10+ years of relevant job experience (e.g.partner management, C-level engagement management etc.) handling multi-million dollar partners.
- BA/BS degree in law, business, communications, marketing, or related area of study (or equivalent practical experience).
- Data driven, and strategic problem solver.
- Adaptive to change and has the ability to learn quickly.
- Innately collaborative; shown mastery of cross-functional leadership.
- Proactive, insightful and solutions-focused.
- Strong familiarity/knowledge of Niantic games, it’s community, and gaming communities are a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.