Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world through the power of AR, mobile, and location technologies? We’re looking for a Product Manager to work on our augmented reality platform, where you will translate developer needs into a product roadmap and drive innovative AR experiences. You will work alongside product managers, engineers, designers and cross-functional partners throughout the company, and get a broad view of Niantic’s business and products. This is an excellent role for someone who has been deeply technical with experience in developer platforms. This role is based out of our Sunnyvale office and you will be expected to spend one day a week in our San Francisco headquarters.
- Define and prioritize our AR platform roadmap for internal and external developers.
- Work as a horizontal leader to drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal and business development teams to build cross-functional consensus.
- Champion the customer through clear product specifications and ensure the platform is well documented.
- Define, track and grade OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization, including the executive team.
- Stay current with the AR technology stack and research in computer vision, deep learning, distributed systems, networking, graphics, and game engines.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of product management or production experience.
- 2+ years of experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience building products for developers.
- Ability to inspire the team and roll up your sleeves to execute.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Ability to achieve ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- You have experience prototyping or programming AR applications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.