Niantic's Engineering Team seeks a client security engineer to improve the security stance of our mobile products. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while building engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Contribute to obfuscation, hardening, and support cheat and abuse detection efforts.
- Lead reverse engineering and signals detection efforts on Android and iOS platforms.
- Research deploying novel solutions around protocol malleability, exploiting polymorphisms and active defense mechanisms.
- Multi-year experience in reverse engineering, obfuscation, signals detection (debugger, emulator, sandboxing, swizzle, hooking, fingerprinting, spoofing, MITM).
- iOS and / or Android kernel level experience.
- Proficient in the use of IDA Pro / Hopper and with ARM assembly (armv7 and arm64).
- In-depth experience working with state-of-the-art (Java, C++, C#, Bitcode) code protection platforms such as Metaforic, Vasco, Strong.Codes, and Proguard.
- You have prior experience with penetration testing and threat modeling.
- You have used and understand advanced cryptographic algorithms (number theory, encryption codecs, hashes and fingerprinting, cloaking).
- You have worked with law enforcement or lawyers in the past.
- You have experience with producing documented trails of evidence.
- You have stellar experience with implementing software security best practices.
- You are capable of understanding the performance / security tradeoffs resulting to security-related decisions and are able to balance them accordingly.
- You have strong communication and team skills.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.