Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world using the power of mobile and location technologies? Niantic Inc. is looking for a Product Manager to work on our Platform Infrastructure team.
The Platform Infrastructure team owns build & release pipelines, security, and backend services infrastructure for the Niantic Real World Platform.
As a Product Manager for Platform Infrastructure, you will gather requirements from game developers and other platform teams, and translate them into a product roadmap. Working alongside product managers & engineers, you will build the future of infrastructure at Niantic.
This is an excellent role for someone who is deeply technical and has past experience leading platform SDK release cycles.
- You will set up and run sprint planning, and manage a release calendar for new platform updates.
- You will communicate and coordinate new platform releases with key constituents across platform and game teams.
- You will work with other platform teams and game developers to identify areas to improve our platform APIs.
- You will represent the Platform Infrastructure team as a horizontal leader across engineering, game, marketing, legal and business development teams to ensure they have what they need and can work effectively.
- Define, track and grade OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Stay current with new technology and research in security, distributed systems, networking, graphics, and game engines.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- You have 4+ years of product management experience.
- You’ve built, shipped, and maintained products where your customers are developers.
- You have experience with defining API requirements.
- Ability to inspire the team and roll up your sleeves to execute.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- Experience with developer relations and support
- Experience with security analysis for server and client platforms
- Experience prototyping or programming mobile native or Unity applications
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.