Live Events are at the core of Niantic's products: they bring our community together, out into the real world to enjoy with thousands of new friends. Niantic is hiring a Live Events Marketing Manager to oversee events in Asia Pacific across all Niantic products. As the Live Events Marketing Manager, you will have a real passion for crafting and producing impactful experiences that fans remember for a lifetime.
As someone who works under tight deadlines with internal teams (Engineering, Product, Operations, and Legal) and external teams (agencies, vendors, and partners), you are an exceptionally organized collaborator (and juggler) who knows how to lead multiple partners to build fun real world experiences for tens of thousands of fans.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to execute various events across Asia Pacific (mainly in Japan), ranging from 1,000 to 1,000,000 players.
- You will maintain relationships between agencies, vendors, and partners (including local governments) to ensure quality events are executed on time and on budget.
- You will lead the branded event asset creation process from design to approval to production.
- You will work with internal stakeholders to understand product roadmaps and incorporate them into live events.
- You will keep senior management updated on progress towards achieving live events meaningful metrics.
- You have excellent communication and organization skills.
- You have 3+ years experience producing large scale live events.
- You have business level communication in Japanese & English.
- You have familiarity with Ingress & Pokémon GO.
- You have proficiency in G-Suite.
- You have the willingness to travel to events.
- You are proficient in using Asana.
- You have gaming industry experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.