Niantic is looking for an experienced attorney to support a broad range of legal matters relating to Niantic’s products and partnerships in Asia. The ideal fit is an attorney with both commercial and product counseling experience and a demonstrated interest in Niantic’s mission of providing adventures on foot, together!
- Provide the primary legal point of contact and support for our partnership team and game development studio in Japan.
- Be an effective business partner for these regional teams, including drafting and negotiating game development agreements, sponsorship and advertising agreements, and software licenses.
- Closely collaborate with our Niantic Product/Privacy counseling team to provide support to the studio across all stages of product development.
- Manage outside counsel as required to achieve regulatory and policy objectives in region.
- Provide support on various regional corporate and compliance matters.
- Provide relevant training and support for employee groups in region.
- J.D. member in good standing of California Bar or eligible to practice as Registered In-House Counsel in California.
- Experience providing support to senior management and cross-functional leaders in an innovative product and business environment.
- Broad experience with commercial contracts in a technology setting.
- Product counseling background, including experience with issue spotting and advising across various topics, including intellectual property, consumer protection, and location-based services, preferably with mobile products.
- English and Japanese language fluency.
- Some flexibility for early morning / evening calls may be required due to time zone differences, as well as infrequent international travel.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.